Sunday, July 3, 2016

Get to know Super Late Model Driver Hannah Newhouse

My 3rd Q&A continues this week with Pro Truck, and Super Late Model Series driver Hannah Newhouse. Newhouse drives the No.46 for her family owned team. Recently, she signed on to drive a few races for David Gilliland Racing this year.

1. When did you get an interest in racing? 
Hannah: My dad races motorcycles and modifieds before me, and got me into a gokart when I was 5. 

2. What is your biggest win to date? 
Hannah: My biggest win would be my stock car debut race that I won. It was my first limited Latemodel race in the NASCAR Whelen All American series, and I broke the record for youngest female to win in the division!

3. What's your pre-race ritual? 
Hannah: I don't really have a pre-race ritual except that I really hydrate myself. My spotter and I have a little handshake we do right before the main event, My dad and I always give each other "knuckles". 

4. Name one talent that you have which no one knows about? 
Hannah: I've grown up drawing and painting. I feel like it's a hidden talent that I can actually draw and paint pretty good. 

5. Favorite Race Track? 
Hannah: It's tie a between Irwindale and Meridian Speedway! 

6. Racing Hero Growing Up? 
Hannah: Lyn st. James and Janet Guthrie were always my racing heroes. 

7. Which driver would you have liked to raced with from the past? 
Hannah: Lyn st. James would have been awesome to race against, as well as legends like Alan Kulwicki!

8. Day or Night races? 
Hannah: I really like both but as long as it's not right between, cause then the sun is really bad. Night races allow our cars to run cooler too. 

9. When do you think you'll be racing in the national series? Meaning Cup, Xfinity, or Truck Series
Hannah: I don't have any plans to race in a higher division at the moment, but anything can change! Would like to make a CWTS start in the next year or two. 

10. Finally, what is one track you would like to race on that you've haven't yet? 
Hannah: Bristol and Martinsville are two of my bucket list tracks. I would love to drive one!  

No comments:

Post a Comment