Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Get To Know NASCAR Driver Kaz Grala

My 6th Q&A continues this week, with NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver Kaz Grala. Grala currently drives the No.24 for GMS Racing in the truck series, and the No.3 in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East for team owner Ben Kennedy on a part time basis. 

1. When did you get an interest in racing? 
Kaz: I started racing when I was 4 at the same time I started Little League and soccer. It didn't take me long to figure out that racing was what I wanted to pursue. 

2. What's your biggest win to date? 
Kaz: My biggest win yet was last year winning the PASS 150 at South Boston Speedway. It was my first pole in a stock car. I led 131 of the 150 laps that night. 

3. What's your pre-race ritual? 
Kaz: I always hydrate as much as possible before the race, and try to keep a water bottle in my hand at all times starting a few hours before the green flag. 

4. Name one talent that you have which no knows about? 
Kaz:  It's hard to tell from the outside, but I have the ability to stay extremely calm inside the race car during the most frustrating/intense times. I am always the positive voice on the radio and I never get worked up during a race. 

5. Favorite Race Track? 
Kaz: I really love Dover because it's the fastest race track I've been on so far. I also really enjoy Bristol, and Gateway is a place I just encountered for the first time, but I loved that place too. 

6. Racing Hero Growing Up? 
Kaz: I've always looked up to Jimmie Johnson because of the calculation and patience he has on the track, and also the way he carries himself off the race track. In recent years, I've really started looking at Kyle Busch too, because what he is able to do in all three series is unbelievable. 

7. Which driver would you have liked to raced with from the past? 
Kaz: Dale Earnhardt is somebody I've heard a lot about, of course, but I was only 2 years old when he passed away. I never got the chance to watch him race, and I wish I at least could have seen that. Plus, my number has always been 3 as well. 

8. Day or Night races? 
Kaz: Oh night races for sure. I like when it's cooled down and gripped up under the lights. 

9. If you had a chance to design a racetrack somewhere. Where would it be and Why? 
Kaz: I would design a track in Boston, MA for sure, since that's where I live. I would build a high-banked 3/4 mile track, because I think that's the most exciting size to race on and banking always adds some fun and speed. There's no track out there quite like that right now. 

10. Finally, what's one track you would like to race on that you've haven't yet? 
Kaz: I am very excited to race at Daytona someday. So far I'm only old enough to race at the short tracks, but as of December I'll be old enough to race at all tracks, so hopefully I will be at Daytona next year in something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment