Thursday, July 7, 2016

Get to know Late Model driver Christian Eckes

My 4th Q&A continues this week with Late Model driver Christian Eckes. Eckes currently drives the No. 1 Late Model for JR Motorsports, the No.15 SLM for LFR Chassis, as well as the No.15 K&N car for LFR Chassis. Eckes also drives the No.15 for Venturini Motorsports on a part time basis.

1. When did you get an interest in racing?
Christian: I actually got an interest in racing by first being a fan. My family has watched NASCAR and other types of racing from about when it started. I got the interest to actually race when I was watching one of my dad's friends race, and they had these Bandoleros there. Then we had rented one and it's been crazy since!

2. Biggest win to date?
Christian: Definitely my biggest win to date would be my Late Model Stock win at Caraway Speedway I had last season. It was my 3rd race in the car and meant a lot to me, as I became the youngest Late Model Stock winner there.

3. What's your pre-race ritual?
Christian: Honestly, I don't have any pre-race rituals. I just kind of go with the flow, I guess you could say.

4. Name one talent that you have which no one knows about?
Christian: A lot of people don't this, but I am actually a really good lacrosse player. I used to play up until I started racing.

5. Favorite Race Track?
Christian: My favorite race track is surely Indianapolis Raceway Park. Not only is the facility really nice, but it is also a fun race track to race as well as just make laps.

6. Racing Hero Growing Up?
Christian: My racing hero growing up would be Jimmie Johnson. I am still a big fan of his to this day.

7. Which driver would you have liked to raced with from the past?
Christian: If I could race anybody from the past it would surely be Dale Earnhardt. I would want to race him just because of the fact that he was just so good and could race you really good.

8. Day or Night races?
Christian: I actually like the races that start out in the day and at night. It provides a challenge to get your race car to handle right in both day and night.

9. If you had a chance to design a racetrack somewhere. Where would it be and Why?
Christian: I would definitely build a track in New York. I would do this because not only is it my home town, but there are not many tracks to race at up by where I grew up.

10. Finally, What is one track you would like to race on that you've haven't yet?
Christian: I would probably say Indianapolis Motor Speedway. It is just so prestigious and noteworthy, to be able to race there would surely be a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment