Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Get to know NASCAR driver Julia Landauer

My 2nd Q&A continues this week, with NASCAR K&N Pro Series West driver Julia Landauer. Landauer currently drives the No. 54 Toyota for Bill McAnally Racing.

1. When did you get an interest in racing?
Julia: I started racing go-karts when I was 10 years old. My parents wanted something that allowed their daughters to compete against the boys. I loved it ever since.

2. What is your biggest win to date?
Julia: My first car win when I was 14 years old in the Skip Barber Series at VIR was huge. But I was also really proud of my first NASCAR win, which came in the limited late model at Motor Mile Speedway in 2015.

3. What's your pre-race ritual?
Julia: I like to visualize the track and do short sprints before a race.

4. Name one talent that you have which no one knows about?
Julia: I can juggle.

5. Favorite race track?
Julia: Road America is my favorite road course and Motor Mile is my favorite oval so far.

6.  Racing Hero Growing Up?
Julia: Paul Newman, Lyn St. James and Mark Martin

7. Which driver would you have liked to raced with from the past?
Julia: Mark Martin!

8. Do you enjoy day, or night races?
Julia: I like night races a little more, they're cooler and the track stays more consistent.

9. When do you think you'll like to be racing in the national series? Meaning Cup, Xfinity, or Trucks?
Julia: I hope to be in Trucks in the next few years.

10. Finally, what is one track you would like to race on that you've haven't yet?
Julia: Can't wait to get on Dover!

No comments:

Post a Comment