Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Get To Know NASCAR On FS1 Analyst Adam Alexander

Our Q&A continues this week, with NASCAR Fox Sports 1 analyst and play by play announcer for the NASCAR Xfinity Series Adam Alexander. Adam is also the host for NASCAR RaceHub.

1. When did you get an interest in racing?
Adam: I picked up an interest in racing as a kid in Indy following the Indy 500. However, my fondness for NASCAR came as I covered the sport while working in Evansville, IN and Owensboro, KY.

2. How did you become an racing announcer?
Adam: I started hosting a radio show in Owensboro, Kentucky in 1997 and that led to a track announcing opportunity at Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, IN.

3. If you weren't an racing announcer or host of RaceHub. What would your career choice be?
Adam: I would likely be doing play by play of other sports if not in NASCAR. Stick and ball sports are the foundation of my career.

4. Name one talent that you have which no one knows about?
Adam: Not sure if it's a hidden talent, but I won an AAU wrestling state championship when I was 7.

5. Favorite Race Track?
Adam: I love Talladega.

6. What was your first racing memory and how did you become a NASCAR fan?
Adam: My first racing memory was working the dirt track at Tri-State Speedway. That's when racing became real to me. I discovered NASCAR when I began covering the sport for local media. I enjoyed it from the start.

7. What's the most exciting race you've called to date?
Adam: Probably the truck race in 2015 at Charlotte (Kasey Kahne over Erik Jones) or the trucks in Canada (Ryan Blaney in a thriller).

8. Day Or Night Races?
Adam: I like calling races at night, but it's nice to get things rolling early. Tough call.

9. If you had a chance to design a racetrack somewhere. Where would it be and Why?
Adam: I would design a road course. I'm a road course fan. The Sonoma setting is nice. Maybe I should just claim that place as my own.

10. Finally, what's the number one thing you're most excited for the 2017 season?
Adam: I'm excited (Dale Earnhardt) Jr is back. I'm a fan of his personally and professionally. I hope he has a big year.

No comments:

Post a Comment