Thursday, September 29, 2016

Get To Know NASCAR Driver David Levine

Our weekly series of questions returns this week with NASCAR driver David Levine. Levine currently, drives part time in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, and part time in the ARCA Racing Series.

1. When did you get an interest in racing?
David: I've always been interest in racing. I can remember when I was very young watching NASCAR races with my dad on the couch. For my 11th or 12th birthday, my dad took me to a go-kart track and that was it. I haven't stopped since.

2. If you weren't racing what would your career choice be?
David: Racing is a tough sport to make it in. Unfortunately, it is all about who have the right amount of funding. If you can't come up with the money to race, it is very hard to make it in the sport. That's the situation I've been in this season. I started thinking about what I want to do to earn a living in case I cannot make it back into racing soon. I just got my real estate license for the state of North Carolina. Hopefully I can start working soon. I think it is going to be a ton of fun helping people find the new home of their dreams. One way to find out!

3. Do you have a pre-race ritual? If so, what is it?
David: I've got a few pre-race rituals. I've got a few exercises and stretches I do in the trailer before intros to warm up and get ready. Then before getting in the car, I always say a prayer with my girlfriend asking for safety during the race. That always helps calm my nerves before strapping into the car. Once I'm in the car and ready to roll off I always put my left glove on first. I don't know why I always put the left one on first, but I've been doing it for years. Why change it?

4. Name one talent that you have which no knows about?
David: I don't really know. That's a good question. I don't know. I guess, I'm pretty good at playing video games. Does that count?

5. Favorite Race Track?
David: There are so many tracks that I love. My favorite track that I've raced is a toss up between Road America or Homestead Miami Speedway. Road America is my home-track and I always get to see family and friends up there. Homestead is just so cool! You're right up against the fence and you're hauling you know what. They're both completely different tracks but they're both so awesome.

6. Racing Hero Growing Up?
David: Jeff Gordon

7. Which driver would you have liked to raced with from the past?
David: I would have loved the chance to race with some of NASCAR's past superstars. Petty or Earnhardt. I think I could learn so much from being on the track with them.

8. Day Or Night Races?
David: Night races

9. If you had a chance to design a racetrack somewhere. Where would it be and Why?
David: I would love to make one in my backyard, but that might not be possible. Ideally, I would find a place that's big enough to build a fast but technical road course with bits of other tracks all stuck together. Somewhere close to home, or somewhere that's easily accessible for other drivers and teams. I know how hard it is to get to a few tracks and I wouldn't want that.

10. Finally, what's one track that you would like to race on, that you haven't yet?
David: I would love to run some WEC races at the tracks in Europe, but if I had to only pick one track on the schedule it would be Le Mans.

No comments:

Post a Comment